St. Joseph's Catholic Church, at 140 Westbourne Grove, Northcote is a fine old church in a very prominent place on Rucker's Hill. The first Northcote Catholic Church services were held in 1891 in a small wooden church in Arthurton Road. In 1897 a more suitable site for a church was chosen and on January 15 1899, St Joseph's was opened at 140 Westbourne Grove, Ruckers Hill. Extensions were made in 1900 and a new school hall was opened in January 1903.
This post is part of the inSPIREd Sunday meme.