Monday 22 May 2017

FINE AUTUMN DAY

A leisurely walk in the mellow Autumn sunshine in the Darebin Parklands.

As some of you have enquired how I make my mosaics, I use Photoshop and its "Layers" feature. After selecting the photos I wish to use, I start with a background photo as the first layer. On this, I add on each successive layer the sized and trimmed photo of each piece of the mosaic. Depending on the look I want I may add layer masks, which gives a blended effect, or otherwise leave the edge hard as in the mosaic below.

This post is part of the Mosaic Monday meme,
and also part of the Monday Mellow Yellows meme,
and also part of the Through my Lens meme,
and also part of the Seasons meme.

9 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous! The leaf background resembles spokesman.
    Happy Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coastal BC is finally getting a bit of spring before summer begins. Beautiful collage.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should try your method. Your result here is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the views you choose for this week of All Seasons and they are beautifully framed in PS! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see Melbourne's autumn and I know exactly the area where you have been walking, my daughter played at the soccer fields close by for many years. I was interested to learn how you do your mosaics, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful, wonderful series of autumn panels. The colours are delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!