Wednesday 28 February 2024

URBAN TOMATOES

Although I live in a big city, I'm lucky enough to have a back garden in which there is not a smidgeon of lawn. Instead there are garden beds with flowers, herbs, seasonal vegetables, a couple of ponds and bird baths and a few trees. There are many birds visiting, the odd possum, the occasional flying fox and numerous butterflies, spiders, bees and other insects. This year, our tomatoes grew well and these three beauties proved to be perfect in looks, taste and flavour. How wonderful to enjoy a garden and its produce, its flowers and fruits and also know that it is a haven for wildlife and a carbon sink...

This post is part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Nature Notes meme.


4 comments:

  1. You did well. I have grown fruit trees, vegetable gardens and flower pots successfully throughout the back yard. Only the tomatoes refused to grow.. every year :(

    This week my grand daughter brought me a bag of beautiful, long red tomatoes from her yard!! She lives only 1 k away.. I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering. Store-bought tomatoes don't cut it for me - home-grown ones are miles apart from the tasteless ones we find here in winter.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/02/meet-forrest.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, love your garden - no lawn and all the animals there. That tomatoes are perfect
    I visited you via image-in-ing: Meet Forrest
    My links: 39+40. I hope you will join us this week at Wed-Sat at #WordlessWednesday (words welcome) https:// esmesalon. com / tag / wordlesswednesday/ See you soon

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!