Thursday 16 May 2013

BIRDS IN MELBOURNE 2

We are lucky in Melbourne to have many birds around that nest in the pockets of bushland and abundant parklands within the metropolitan area. Stretches of water also attract water birds. Here are some birds that are commonly seen in Melbourne. I think I have identified them correctly, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

This post is part of the Nature Footsteps Winged meme.
A little wattlebird

A coot
Two kookaburras

A magpie-lark
Sulfur-crested cockatoo
Common pigeons
Australian White Ibis
Rainbow lorikeets

11 comments:

  1. Love all the birds! The lorikeets and the kookaburras are my favorites, not only for their looks, but for their crazy names! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All excellent shots, beautiful captures. I particularly like the magpie-lark and the lorikeets :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful birds! My favorites are the lorikeets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so fine, Rainbow lorikeets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I just love all your birds!
    In Sweden we have pigeons of course and the coot but not the other wonderful birds! Thank´s for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are all awesome birds. I love the Lorikeets because of their colors. But, I also love the Kookaburras and the Cockatoo. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a fine representation of birds in my peninsula world! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous photos all!I especially love the colorful rainbow lorikeet!Stunning!
    xx
    carly from www.Peacefullychaotic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lorikeets are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those exotic birds and then to see you have pigeons too. The lorikeets are colourful birds.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!