Gardenworld at 810 Springvale Rd, Braeside, 3195 is a large gardening business with a huge range of plants including seedlings and tubes. There is also a great variety of food crops including fruit trees, berries and grapevines. Indoor plants, decorator items, gardening needs, and all things horticultural are also stocked.
The concept was founded over 30 years ago by the Jackson family, who moved their family nursery from nearby Dingley. Their idea was to run the nursery for themselves, but let other experts in their field run the other specialist businesses. Gardenworld thus became a group of 7 independently owned businesses, each one passionate about gardening and outdoor living:
1) Collectors Corner - Amazing bonsai, cacti, orchids, gems and fossils
2) Gardenworld Nursery - Quality plants, fertilisers and potting mixes
3) Lotus Watergardens - Fountains, water gardens and statues
4) Gardensmart - Hydroponic gardening and hanging basket experts
5) Semken Landscaping - Garden design, construction and maintainance
6) Gardenworld Café - Delicious meals and great coffees
7) Smart Water Shop - Lawn and irrigation specialists.
Gardenworld is open 9am until 5pm, 7 days a week. It is closed on Christmas day and New Years Day. Some businesses may be closed on other public holidays so it's always worthwhile ringing to find out what is closed when. We always enjoy visiting this nursery and it's impossible to go there and not end up buying something (or some things!).
This post is part of the Skywatch Friday meme,
and also part of the Floral Friday Fotos meme,
and also part of the Friday Greens meme.