Sunday 7 August 2016

MERRI CREEK II, CLIFTON HILL

Merri Creek flows about 60 km from the Great Dividing Range through Melbourne’s northern suburbs to the Yarra River. Merri Creek is an environmental, heritage and recreation corridor that draws its significance from its role as a continuous corridor as it does from the qualities of individual reaches. All areas of the Creek are important because they contribute to the linking of areas of environmental, heritage and recreational value along the Creek.

In the vicinity of Queens Pde/Heidelberg Rd, the Creek wends its way through several suburbs as it meanders to join the Yarra River in Abbotsford. The bridge over the creek here is the Heidelberg Rd overpass.

This post is part of the Scenic Weekends meme,
and also part of the My Sunday Photo meme.





4 comments:

  1. Mother Nature really can be beautiful! Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 1 and 3 was appealing to me. Lovely! I do not see that scenery you show too much in Canada. I liked the winding paths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place for a walk and explore

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nick, I am a Curtin OUA student with an assessment on preservation needs, and our focus is the Merri Creek archives. I am wanting your permission to use one of your photos to include in my submission document. Thank you Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!