Wednesday 2 September 2020

FLOWERING PLANTAIN

Plantago lanceolata is a species of flowering plant in the plantain family Plantaginaceae. It is known by the common names ribwort plantain, narrowleaf plantain, English plantain, ribleaf, lamb's tongue, and buckhorn. It is a common weed on cultivated or disturbed land. Tender young leaves of this weed are edible.

This post is part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the My Corner of the World meme,
and also part of the Nature Notes meme.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen something similar here but didn't know what it was called. Probably related to your specimen here.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/08/oriental-lily.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess what is one persons weed is another persons wildflower. Very nice photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty with the single row of color!

    I'm so excited to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!! Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we may get some here from time to time....

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!