Saturday 14 April 2012

SUNDAY MARKET, BUNDOORA

There are many Sunday markets all over Melbourne, usually held in the morning and having all sorts of things on offer to buy. Trash & Treasure stalls, food kiosks, fresh produce, clothing, footwear, kitchenware, garden needs and tools, plants, etc, etc. Not to forget the entertainment: Buskers of all kinds - musicians, magicians, living statues, singers.

This market is regularly held in the car park of Latrobe University in Bundoora, rain or shine! The rain will not deter most stall holders and quite a few people will venture out in order to purchase what they need (and often what they don't), even in rainy weather!

This post is part of the Weekend Reflections meme hosted by James.
The rain won't keep the customers away, although admittedly on a fine day, it is quite crowded

His trumpet did sound a little hoarse...
Turkish spinach and cheese pies freshly made on sale
One type of merchandise that actually likes the rain!
Look into the waters and reflect...

17 comments:

  1. Trash and Treasure, I like that description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I think I am going to head over to our local farmer's market...love the photos! At least the sun is shining here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description, too!! And what a terrific looking place! I love markets like these and would definitely enjoy this one! Delightful captures as always, Nick! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love outdoor markets, even under the rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely reflections - especially in that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Open-air markets are my favorite place. I wish to go there some day, Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those hardy souls out in the rain...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shot of the trumpet player.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great series of shots Nick - especially like the last one with the fabulous capture of rings and raindrops, together with the submerged leaves that look like goldfish! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog. Wishing you a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the rain didn't dampen the people's spirit. I went to the Thais Songkran, a bit like your market.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm. Too bad it rained on a market day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure it would be a crowded market day if it did not rain. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Puddles of reflection! Those gold leaves look like gold fish, nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would make a beeline to the old Turkish women's stall. If that is any indication this looks like an interesting market.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If it rains here on market days, very few people turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brave souls! Looks like fun to me, meet you at the spinach and cheese pie stall Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sunday-market sounds nice. Like it. I also like that waterpuddle in the last shot. :)
    And...thanks for the name of the flower.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!