The Holy Church of St. George, situated at 66 St. David St, Thornbury, Vic. 3071, is a Greek Orthodox Church. Commencing its services in the inner suburb of Carlton in 1956, The Holy Church of St. George served the religious needs of post-war Greek migrants of the area. Its first ten years saw church services held in a rented property belonging to the Methodist Church on the corner of Lygon & Queensberry streets Carlton, with plans to move into a permanent residence later on.
The Holy Church of St. George relocated to Thornbury in 1966. Initially operating from the corner of Martin and Armadale Streets, the church in Thornbury later relocated to its current site at 66 St. David St, which was purchased in the 1970s. Today it still serves local parishioners every week.
This post is part of the Spiritual Sundays meme,
and also part of the inSPIREd Sunday meme.