Friday 8 November 2019

OUR LITTLE WINTER

We may be only three weeks away from summer, but snow is falling on the mountains around Melbourne! After some days in the mid-30s last week, the weather has taken a turn for a winter flashback. Showers produced extensive hail and they are expected to continue tonight along with cold and gusty winds.

Fresh snow has already fallen at Mt Hotham and will continue to fall into the weekend, with the temperature there expected to reach a minimum of -7˚C tonight. Melbourne is in for a chilly top of 14˚C today and tomorrow, before improving on Sunday. Meanwhile we keep the home fires burning!

This post is part of the Skywatch Friday meme.



4 comments:

  1. I would be so indoors. You´re more brave than me. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed. I've never been to Australia and it's been on my bucket list since childhood but I never figured you would get snow so late in the year. As we are entering our winter where we live - ugh, snow. We got our first snow yesterday and I am sick of it already. It's time to go to somewhere it's spring. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, rain hail snow... you're getting it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,worse than here in the northern hemisphere ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!