Friday 18 January 2013

BIRDS IN MELBOURNE

We are lucky in Melbourne to have many birds around that nest in the pockets of bushland and abundant parklands within the metropolitan area. Stretches of water also attract water birds. Here are some birds that are commonly seen in Melbourne. I think I have identified them correctly, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

This post is part of the Nature Footsteps Winged meme,
and also part of the Skywatch Friday meme.
A coot
Duck
An Eastern Rosella
A Little Wattlebird
Crow
Seagull and dusky moorhens
Crested pigeon
A magpie
More ducks!
Sulphur-crested cockatoos in flight

9 comments:

  1. I just love all these bird photos! You have such beautiful birds in Australia! Even your pigeons are fancy looking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great captures. Happy sky watching.

    My sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots! I love the colours of the rosella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine the sound one could hear from each must be a joy. Please have a good weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely birds and your photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love our variety birds! Adore your macro of the crested pigeon! I always get the crested and top knot pigeon muddled and have to check before I post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative. I haven't seen too many eastern rosellas over this way. Will look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that creasted pigeon. Your magpie is rather different from ours. Nice to have a lot of birds around.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!