Wednesday 23 January 2013

SAILING INTO THE SUNSET

Here are some photos I took of the big cruise ship "Celebrity Solstice" as it sailed out of Melbourne last Saturday. The light wasn't the best and the distance was considerable, but I think these photos give you an idea of the size of the ship... Melbourne is a popular port of call for the cruise liners and one can often see groups of tourists int he City after a ship docks at the port.

This post is part of the Watery Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme.






14 comments:

  1. The ship looks huge! I imagine passengers of ships are quite important to Melbourne's economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely place and cool pics ~

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going on cruises, so these pics totally delighted me.....great colors and texture in the waters

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a HUGE ship! I am not a fan of cruises - much prefer dry land, or at least a boat where I can still see the land...but I hear that people have great fun and eat lots of good food. Nice shots, and they really do show the size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to a cruise this ship is humongous!

    Visiting from Water World Wednesday
    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I just love images of ships. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the style of the ship! And it really seems to dwarf the coastline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cruise ships call Seattle as well, they ARE huge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to take a cruise one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning captures! The cruise ships look huge! Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's enormous! I bet the passengers who ventured ashore just loved Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!