Wednesday, 23 January 2013

SAILING INTO THE SUNSET

Here are some photos I took of the big cruise ship "Celebrity Solstice" as it sailed out of Melbourne last Saturday. The light wasn't the best and the distance was considerable, but I think these photos give you an idea of the size of the ship... Melbourne is a popular port of call for the cruise liners and one can often see groups of tourists int he City after a ship docks at the port.

This post is part of the Watery Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme.






14 comments:

  1. The ship looks huge! I imagine passengers of ships are quite important to Melbourne's economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely place and cool pics ~

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going on cruises, so these pics totally delighted me.....great colors and texture in the waters

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a HUGE ship! I am not a fan of cruises - much prefer dry land, or at least a boat where I can still see the land...but I hear that people have great fun and eat lots of good food. Nice shots, and they really do show the size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to a cruise this ship is humongous!

    Visiting from Water World Wednesday
    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I just love images of ships. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the style of the ship! And it really seems to dwarf the coastline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cruise ships call Seattle as well, they ARE huge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to take a cruise one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning captures! The cruise ships look huge! Have a wonderful week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's enormous! I bet the passengers who ventured ashore just loved Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!