Friday 25 January 2013

FAIRFIELD SUNSET

The climatic conditions and the bushfires around Melbourne have given us some spectacular sunrises and sunsets lately. These shots were taken earlier this week around my neighbourhood, in inner suburban Melbourne.

This post is part of the Skywatch Friday meme.





My apologies for not visiting your blogs lately. Since going back to work on January 2, I have been replacing a couple of staff members who left and also have been doing some video lectures. Consequently, it has been a struggle and I've been getting about four hours sleep a night. I have just been managing to get these daily blogs out...

10 comments:

  1. It's the perfect collection of photos for ShyWatch Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a selection- isn't nature wonderful?- very well captured too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You even managed to make the power lines look pretty! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skies are beautiful but the fires sound scary. I hope the fires are out now! Lovely photos, happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dramatic and beautiful skies, Nick, but I do hope the fires are under control or better still, put out.!! Terrific captures for the day! Hope the job load lightens up soon and you're able to get some much needed rest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, Nick. I especially like the one of the moon through the power lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your effort and these great images. Picture three my favourite. Please have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that house in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful series of captures Nick; marvellous variety of colours and moods here! (I'm sure you're forgiven - at this time of the year many can relate to the frenzied return to work and just as many will, no doubt, be grateful for your dedication and commitment to maintaining your blog. Go easy on yourself!)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!