Friday 20 April 2012

CLAYTON, MELBOURNE

Clayton is an outer suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, 19 km south-east from Melbourne's central business district. Its Local Government Area is the City of Monash. At the 2006 Census, Clayton had a population of 14,332. The main focus for the suburb of Clayton is the shopping strip that runs along Clayton Road. The local railway station, situated at the northern end of the shopping strip bears the name Clayton railway station.

The shopping strip is a vibrant, multicultural and rather old-fashioned place, where one may shop, people-watch, enjoy a cup of coffee or look at the buskers that frequent it.

This post is part of the Challenge Walk In The Street meme.





9 comments:

  1. I do love markets like this and we do have some great ones here in the Seattle area! Looks like a fun place, Nick! I do love your colorful captures! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your suburban shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. un beau melange ethenique dans cette rue, une belle promenade que tu nous proposes

    Merci d'avoir participer au challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of the markets street...;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very vibrant series Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love markets! Ours is a country farmers market...not nearly so vibrant! These are great street shots - I love the ones where people are looking at you looking at them...that happened to me the other day, taking a photo of a neat boat, and when I got the camera to my eye and snapped the shot, I saw the owner looking back at me...awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures give the viewer a wonderful piece of life. I just love the market. I wish we had them here in this part of our country. Great shots. genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is my style of shopping centre, Nick. I cannot stand malls, and even less so if they start with West???

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!