Thursday 20 June 2013

SOUTHBANK LANDING

As we approach the WInter Solstice, the riverside walks occur in the cold and dark mornings, with fewer people around. Nevertheless, the crispness of the air and the sun rising make for a relaxing and serene time. Gulls never seem to sleep or rest...

This is Southbank Landing, where a lot of the river ferries and pleasure boats stop to allow passenger to board or alight.

This post is part of the Signs, Signs meme,
and also part of the Nature Footsteps Winged meme.



13 comments:

  1. Nice shots of the city. I just LOVE that last shot, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful panorama shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots as always, Nick! I, too, LOVE the last shot!! Terrific composition! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that silhouette of the gull!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific silhouette shot of the gull, with the hot-air balloon in the background!!

    I'm visiting you via 'NF Winged'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super panoramic view and the silhouetted stationary gull.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the silhouette of the gull. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the silhouette of the gull and the hot air balloon adds a bit of wistfulness to the photo.

    The riverscapes are very nice. I love the panoramic view.


    ReplyDelete
  9. That last shot is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially liked the finale' photo with profile of gull and the balloon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fan of that final photo too. Intriguing in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!