Sunday 9 July 2023

GUM TREES

Eucalyptus is a genus of over seven hundred species of flowering trees, shrubs or mallees in the myrtle family, Myrtaceae. Along with several other genera in the tribe Eucalypteae, including Corymbia, they are commonly known as eucalypts or "gum trees". Plants in the genus Eucalyptus have bark that is either smooth, fibrous, hard or stringy, leaves with oil glands, and sepals and petals that are fused to form a "cap" or operculum over the stamens. The fruit is a woody capsule commonly referred to as a "gumnut".

This post is part of the My Sunday Best meme


1 comment:

  1. If I had to pick one symbol that reminds me of Australia instantly, it would be a gum tree. I never see koalas, kangaroos, sharks or kookaburras, but gum trees are everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!