Wednesday 25 March 2020

STAY AT HOME...

The Coronavirus Pandemic has changed our lives and whether we like it or not we have to confine ourselves in our homes. Here is a view of peak hour traffic at Southbank under normal circumstances (above - granted it is a rainy evening) and now while the COVID-19 is wreaking havoc (below). The other two photos are city streets on the way home.

Driving through the City streets this evening was an eerie and quite upsetting experience. The normal hustle and bustle was absent, few cars and even fewer people were about, public transport almost empty of passengers. The only thing I wanted to do was get home as quickly as I could and lock myself indoors. We've been warned that things may get worse and the restrictive measures may be tightened even more at any stage.

I'm hoping you are coping where you live, and that you and those near to you are safe. This too will pass, I hope you've got enough toilet paper...

This post is part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the My Corner of the World meme.




1 comment:

  1. I have become a hermit since I retired so staying home is nothing new for me. But, looking at photos of the empty streets around the world are certainly eerie to see. Hopefully, it won't be very long before all this is under control. Yes, I do have plenty of toilet paper (no hoarding!).

    I'm so happy you are a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!