Monday 20 February 2012

MURAL AT MELBOURNE CENTRAL - HITOTZUKI

A mural from one of the passageways linking Melbourne Central Shopping Centre to Swanston St,  in the City. This mural covers a long wall opposite a line of shops and contributes to the vibrancy  of the place. It is very difficult to find a time here when there are few people around as thousands come and go dow the walkway every day. However, I think one gets the impression of the mural's effect from my photos.


The work was painted by HITOTZUKI, which is a pair of artists collaborating:  KAMI and SASU. They began working together in 1999. The name HITOTZUKI, stands for the sun and the moon, contrary to one another, they differ yet fuse together. Through their ideology, they depict scenes from their life and offer views of interpretations of their feelings.


This post is part of the Monday murals meme
and also part of the Blue Monday meme.












20 comments:

  1. What a very colorful and interesting mural, Nick! I love it! It's different and I find it delightful! Your photos capture it beautifully as always! We could use some colorful murals like this here in Seattle!! Hope your week is off to a good start!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. the mural is beautiful!
    the blues are lovely
    I like all the people in the shots, it adds to the drama and sense of motion
    great series of shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be glad it is in shades of blue - it looks rather psychedelic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does liven up Melbourne Central doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very colorful and intricate piece of artwork! Always amazes me that people walk by with seemingly no notice of these delightful scenes! Of course, I guess you get used to them...but as an aspiring artist, I am always intrigued! Lovely photographs today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool blues to balance the energy in this place. the patterns remind me of waves and sea creatures.:p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that beautiful blue mural!

    Happy Blue Monday, Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. a meme on murals? Maybe one day someone will do one of mine. Maybe me.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I left a response below your comment. Maybe you'll be able to use the info in a future mural meme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Une belle mosaique, vivante grace a tes photos

    Publicity ;o) Every Friday (and the Weekend), The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a nice one, I like those never ending murals you can walk by. Must be a Japanese artist when I see his name?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the graphic mural and all those wonderful walkways in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is superb! i love it!

    thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

    have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the movement and energy in this mural. It's like a reflection of the endless parade that shares its space. Thanks for joining with us in this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!

    Please come by when you get a chance and see my BLUE, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to see all the people walking to and fro in city scenes. Looks artificial and slightly dead otherwise. That second last image reminds me very much of the glass tumbling through a kaleidoscope.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks wonderful on a large scale!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!