Sunday 26 August 2018

"DOWNTOWN"

When I talk to American tourists invariably they say something about "Downtown" Melbourne. This is an Americanism as my trusty dictionary says:
downtown chiefly North American adjective| ˈdaʊntaʊn | in or relating to the central part or main business and commercial area of a town or city: downtown Chicago | a downtown bar. 
Here in Australia the term for the same area of the Central Business District is "The City". However you call it, at night it quite pretty!

This post is part of the My Sunday Best meme,
and also part of the My Sunday Photo meme,
and also part of the Photo Sunday meme.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lighting, love it reflecting off the water too

    Hope you have a good Sunday and thank you for linking up to #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfully colourful night sky in the city

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I'd really like to hear from you!
Please do not use this comment box to advertise your goods and services!